About Our Camps
Truro Fencing Club typically runs at least two Major Training Camps during the year – usually a “Summer” and an “Easter” camp.
These camps attract fencers from all over the UK & Europe and are staffed & supported by top class coaches across all three weapons. Smarter competition preparation, technical and tactical training are key areas of focus.
All facilities for training, accommodation & catering are on-site at Truro School, Trennick Lane, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1TH.
The camp caters for sabre, foil and epee, & includes training for wheelchair athletes. The camp is suitable for all ages and abilities except for absolute beginners.
Included In Your Fee
- At least 4 individual lessons with top-class coaches – Footwork training
- Technical and tactical training
- Sparring & Competitions
- Fitness training, including CV, core, interval, flexibility, circuit training and other aspects of your fitness
- Sessions with expert support staff in the fields of strength and conditioning, injury prevention, and other sports sciences
- Extra evening fencing sessions at Truro Fencing Club – A TFC Summer Camp Tee Shirt
- Daily sports drinks, water, energy snacks and lunch
Areas used during camps: 1 & 5 Main school building (Canteen and accommodation), 24 Cornwall Fencing Centre & 26 Sir Ben Ainslie Sports Centre