Summer Training Camp 2019Monday July 29th to Saturday August 3rd
Summer Training Camp 2019: Monday 29th July – Saturday 3rd August
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – pay by March 31st 2019 = £25 discount
The 2019 Truro Fencing Club Summer Training Camp will take place between Monday July 29th & Saturday August 3rd.
All facilities for training, accommodation & catering are on-site at Truro School, Trennick Lane, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1TH. The camp caters for sabre & foil fencing only and sessions are held in the Cornwall Fencing Centre & the Sir Ben Ainslie Sports Centre – all located at the school.
The camp is suitable for all ages and abilities except for absolute beginners.
Lunch, water, sports drinks and energy snacks are all included in the cost of training. Dinner or Dinner/ B&B is available.
International Payment Info
Before completing the form below we recommend that all non-UK based fencers make payment by BACS transfer to our bank account:
Account Name: Truro Fencing Club
Account Number: 41728296
Sort Code: 40-44-34
SWIFT Code: HBUKGB4160H
Ensure you reference your payment with SC19 Cheques should be made payable to ‘Truro Fencing Club’
Enroll Online (Or By Post)
We encourage you to enrol online but you can always download the paper version, fill it out and return by snail mail.
Bookings will be made on a first come first served basis.
Cornwall Fencing Centre
T: 07532 310382
The Truro Fencing Club Summer Camp will have top-class coaching and support team in both foil and sabre to help prepare athletes for the forthcoming fencing season. Some of the coaches that have attended the camp in recent years include:
Jon Salfield – Course Manager
Jon is Head Coach at Truro Fencing Club and leads the club’s High Performance Programme. Jon has coached at numerous Senior World and European Championships, and the 2012 London Olympic Games, and has produced World Cup and World Championship finalists at Cadet and Junior Sabre.
Peter is one of the world’s most respected sabre coaches. As well as GB Olympic Sabre Coach in 1992, 1996, 2000 & 2008, Peter was the national coach of Hungary in the 1980s, and has coached senior World and Olympic medallists.
Christian is Head Coach at Gemina Scherma in North Italy and has produced a string of top-class fencers, including junior world cup & world championship medallists and Italian national team members. This is Christian’s first visit to the TFC Camp.
Balazs is Lead Sabre Coach at Truro Fencing Club. Formerly sabre coach at Godollo Club in Hungary, (winners of the 2012 Hungarian Team Championships) and coach to Junior World Championship team gold medallists & many top fencers.
Chris is a 3-times GB sabre champion & former Lead Sabre Coach at Truro Fencing Club, now head coach at Guernsey’s Elizabeth College. Chris has produced European youth medalists and coached the GB team at Worlds & Europeans.
Nikolai is a sabre coach at Truro Fencing Club. Nikolai was previously a coach at the Etropolski Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Bulgarian Assistant National Sabre Coach. His pupils in Bulgaria have won many medals on the European Youth International Circuit, and he has coached the Bulgarian national team at Junior and Senior World Cup level.
Rhys Melia is a highly-regarded young coach with an outstanding Fencing pedigree. Having represented Great Britain at Junior and Senior World and European Championships in foil, and won the British Championships, he went on to take his coaching diploma in Hungary, and is a level 5 coach in all 3 weapons. Now a full-time coach, he works for the up and coming PDFA club in London.
Hannah has represented GB at numerous World and European Foil Championships and is a former British national champion. Hannah is Lead Foil coach at Truro Fencing club and has 10 years coaching experience.
Steve is a certified strength and conditioning coach and works closely with the TFC High Performance programme. Steve sets and leads all the Strength and Conditioning training of the club’s elite fencers up to Olympic level.
In addition to your normal clothing, please bring:
- Full Fencing Kit (mask, jacket, plastron, breeches, glove, socks, fencing shoes or trainers, working weapons, wires and lame)
- Kit hire available – book ahead!
- Outdoor running shoes
- At least 2 towels
- Lots of tee-shirts
- Running shorts
- Beach and swim-wear; Sun-cream
- Toiletries (none provided on-site)
- Any medication you may need WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANY MEDICATION, INCLUDING PAIN-KILLERS
- There is a laundry room for residents and a common room with pool table, TV, DVD player and stereo system. Bring your DVDs, CDs and games consoles etc!
- Under 18s will be chaperoned in the accommodation block by qualified staff
Included In Your Fee
- At least 3 individual lessons with top -class coaches
- Footwork training
- Technical and tactical training
- Sparring & Competitions
- Fitness training, including CV, core, interval, flexibility, circuit training and other aspects of your fitness
- Sessions with expert support staff in the fields of strength and conditioning, injury prevention, and other sports sciences
- Extra evening fencing sessions at Truro Fencing Club
- A TFC Summer Camp Tee Shirt & drinks bottle
- Daily sports drinks, water, energy snacks and lunch
ADDITIONAL RESIDENTIAL FEE ALSO INCLUDES
- 6 nights accommodation (Starting Sunday 28th July) in comfortable, fully equipped accommodation
- Full buffet breakfast on site
- Dinner on site every evening
- A mid-week leisure trip
- Dinner is available for non-residents at an extra charge