Summer Training Camp 2018Monday July 30th to Saturday August 4th.
Summer Training Camp 2018: Monday 30th July – Saturday 4th August
The 2018 Truro Fencing Club Summer Training Camp will take place between Monday July 30th & Saturday August 4th.
All facilities for training, accommodation & catering are on-site at Truro School, Trennick Lane, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1TH. The camp caters for sabre, foil and epee.
The camp is suitable for all ages and abilities except for absolute beginners.
Lunch, water, sports drinks and energy snacks are all included in the cost of training. Dinner or Dinner/ B&B is available.
Enroll Online (Or By Post)
We encourage you to enrol online but you can always download the paper version, fill it out and return by snail mail.
Bookings will be made on a first come first served basis.
Cornwall Fencing Centre
T: 07532 310382
The Truro Fencing Club Summer Camp will have top-class coaching and support team in all three weapons to help prepare athletes for the forthcoming fencing season. Some of the coaches that have attended the camp in recent years include:
Jon Salfield – Course Manager
Jon is Head Coach at Truro Fencing Club and leads the club’s High Performance Programme. Jon has coached at numerous Senior World and European Championships, and the 2012 London Olympic Games, and has produced World Cup and World Championship finalists at Cadet and Junior Sabre.
Peter is one of the world’s most respected sabre coaches. As well as GB Olympic Sabre Coach in 1992, 1996, 2000 & 2008, Peter was the national coach of Hungary in the 1980s, and has coached senior World and Olympic medallists.
Alex began fencing epee in his home town Moscow aged 10 and after a successful international career moved
into coaching. He has been full-time coach with Haverstock Epee club since 1999 and is a former Great Britain national coach. Alex has produced outstanding results at all levels.
Balazs is Lead Sabre Coach at Truro Fencing Club. Formerly sabre coach at Godollo Club in Hungary, (winners of the 2012 Hungarian Team Championships) and coach to Junior World Championship team gold medallists & many top fencers.
Chris is a 3-times GB sabre champion & former Lead Sabre Coach at Truro Fencing Club, now head coach at Guernsey’s Elizabeth College. Chris has produced European youth medalists and coached the GB team at Worlds & Europeans.
Nikolai is a sabre coach at Truro Fencing Club. Nikolai was previously a coach at the Etropolski Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Bulgarian Assistant National Sabre Coach. His pupils in Bulgaria have won many medals on the European Youth International Circuit, and he has coached the Bulgarian national team at Junior and Senior World Cup level.
Rhys Melia is a highly-regarded young coach with an outstanding Fencing pedigree. Having represented Great Britain at Junior and Senior World and European Championships in foil, and won the British Championships, he went on to take his coaching diploma in Hungary, and is a level 5 coach in all 3 weapons. Now a full-time coach, he works for the up and coming PDFA club in London.
Hannah has been a competitive foil fencer for 22 years, and is current British national champion. She has been a member of the British team numerous times at world championships at cadet, junior and senior level. Hannah has had coaching experience since 2005.
Steve is a certified strength and conditioning coach and works closely with the TFC High Performance programme. Steve sets and leads all the Strength and Conditioning training of the club’s elite fencers, and has wide experience at professional level in many sports.
Further coaches will be confirmed at a later date.
In addition to your normal clothing, please bring:
- Full Fencing Kit (mask, jacket, plastron, breeches, glove, socks, fencing shoes or trainers, working weapons, wires and lame)
- Kit hire available – book ahead!
- Outdoor running shoes
- At least 2 towels
- Lots of tee-shirts
- Running shorts
- Beach and swim-wear; Sun-cream
- Toiletries (none provided on-site)
- Any medication you may need WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANY MEDICATION, INCLUDING PAIN-KILLERS
- There is a laundry room for residents and a common room with pool table, TV, DVD player and stereo system. Bring your DVDs, CDs and games consoles etc!
- Under 18s will be chaperoned in the accommodation block by qualified staff
Included In Your Fee
- At least 3 individual lessons with top -class coaches
- Footwork training
- Technical and tactical training
- Sparring & Competitions
- Fitness training, including CV, core, interval, flexibility, circuit training and other aspects of your fitness
- Sessions with expert support staff in the fields of strength and conditioning, injury prevention, and other sports sciences
- Extra evening fencing sessions at Truro Fencing Club
- A TFC Summer Camp Tee Shirt
- Daily sports drinks, water, energy snacks and lunch
ADDITIONAL RESIDENTIAL FEE ALSO INCLUDES
- 6 nights accommodation (Starting Sunday 29th July) in comfortable, fully equipped accommodation
- Full buffet breakfast on site
- Dinner on site every evening
- A mid-week leisure trip
- Dinner is available for non-residents at an extra charge