Sabre Summer Training Camp 2021Monday 26th July - Saturday 31st July 2021
Sabre Summer Training Camp 2021: Monday 26th July – Saturday 31st July
Early Bird Discount!
Pay IN FULL by February 13th 2021 = £50 discount
Pay IN FULL By 31st March 31st = £25 discount
The 2021 Truro Fencing Club Summer Sabre Training Camp will take place between Monday July 26th & Saturday July 31st. NB: This is a sabre only training camp.
All facilities for training are on-site at Truro School, Trennick Lane, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1TH. The camp caters for sabre fencing only and sessions are held in the Cornwall Fencing Centre & the Sir Ben Ainslie Sports Centre – all located at the school.
The camp is suitable for all ages and abilities except for absolute beginners. Many international cadet and junior fencers join our camp, and the quality of fencing is consistently extremely high.
Lunch, water, sports drinks and energy snacks are all included in the cost of training.
Enroll Online (Or By Email)
We encourage you to enrol online but you can always email Joanne email@example.com
Bookings will be made on a first come first served basis.
Cornwall Fencing Centre
T: 07532 310382
Fees & International Payment Info
NB: £50 deposit is required to secure your place on this years Summer Camp. This enables us to confirm places, on a first come first served basis, should announcements restrict numbers at that time. So, if you’re confident you’ll be attending, please BOOK NOW. In the event that we are forced to cancel the camp, we will refund your deposit in full.
- TFC Member – Training (with lunch) £235
- Non-Member – Training (with lunch) £285
Before completing the form below we recommend that all non-UK based fencers make payment by BACS transfer to our bank account:
Account Name: Truro Fencing Club
Account Number: 41728296
Sort Code: 40-44-34
SWIFT Code: HBUKGB4160H
Ensure you reference your bank transfer / BACS payment with SC21 and fencer’s surname
If Truro Fencing Club cancels the camp for any reason:
- 100% refund
If the fencer withdraws from the camp:
- From January 1st to May 31st 2021 – 100% refund
- From June 1st to June 30th 2021 – 50% refund
- From July 1st 2021 onwards – no refunds unless the fencer is barred from travel by their region’s or country’s Covid19 laws for the period of the 2021 Summer Camp
Full board is available for this years’ Truro Fencing Club Summer Camp.
Fencers are urged to act swiftly, contacting the bookings team on the email below, to secure your accommodation booking.
This year’s tariff for full-board is £60pppn. For all enquiries and bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading: SC21 Accommodation
Please note lunch WILL be provided for all fencers attending and provided on site at the training camp.
Full details will follow, including:
- safe practices in place
- fencers check list
- full training schedule
- additional activities
- venue directions & campus map
The Truro Fencing Club Summer Camp will also expect to be bringing in our usual brilliant team of external coaches for sabre, to help prepare athletes for the forthcoming fencing season. The international coaches compliment our in-house Truro Fencing Club coaching team:
Jon Salfield – Course Manager
Jon is Head Coach at Truro Fencing Club and leads the club’s High Performance Programme. Jon has coached at numerous Senior World and European Championships, and the 2012 London Olympic Games, and has produced World Cup and World Championship finalists at Cadet and Junior Sabre. Jon is current GB National Sabre Coach.
Balazs is Lead Sabre Coach at Truro Fencing Club. Formerly sabre coach at Godollo Club in Hungary, (winners of the 2012 Hungarian Team Championships) and coach to Junior World Championship team gold medallists & many top fencers.
Nikolai is lead sabre coach at Truro Fencing Club. Nikolai was previously a coach at the Etropolski Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Bulgarian Assistant National Sabre Coach. His pupils in Bulgaria have won many medals on the European Youth International Circuit, and he has coached the Bulgarian national team at Junior and Senior World Cup level.
Steve is a certified strength and conditioning coach and works closely with the TFC High Performance programme. Steve sets and leads all the Strength and Conditioning training of the club’s elite fencers up to Olympic level.
In addition to your normal clothing, please bring:
- Full Fencing Kit (mask, jacket, plastron, breeches, glove, socks, fencing shoes or trainers, working weapons, wires and lame)
- Kit hire available – book ahead!
- Outdoor running shoes
- At least 2 towels
- Lots of tee-shirts
- Running shorts
- Beach and swim-wear; Sun-cream
- Toiletries (none provided on-site)
- Any medication you may need WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANY MEDICATION, INCLUDING PAIN-KILLERS
Included In Your Fee
- At least 3 individual lessons with top -class coaches
- Footwork training
- Technical and tactical training
- Sparring & Competitions
- Fitness training, including CV, core, interval, flexibility, circuit training and other aspects of your fitness
- Sessions with expert support staff in the fields of strength and conditioning, injury prevention, and other sports sciences
- Extra evening fencing sessions at Truro Fencing Club
- A TFC Summer Camp Tee Shirt & drinks bottle
- Daily sports drinks, water, energy snacks and lunch